The Joint Ordinance 20 of the Special Secretariat for Social Security and Labor of the Ministry of Economy and the Ministry of Health, published on Jun-19-2020, establishes measures to be observed by public and private organizations aiming at the prevention, control and minimization of the risks of transmission of Covid-19 in the workplace at the resumption of activities.
Among the measures, the standard mentions social distance, respiratory etiquette, hand hygiene, supply and use of masks, cleaning and disinfection of environments and protocols for contacting, suspicious and confirmed cases.
It is noteworthy that the ordinance does not establish or authorize the opening of establishments, it only presents a set of provisions to be observed by those who are in operation.
In addition, non-compliance with occupational health and safety regulations, with other applicable health and safety provisions that are included in the sanitary regulations of the States, Federal District or Municipalities; and with occupational health, hygiene and safety measures resulting from collective labor agreements and conventions is not authorized.
Note: The measures provided for in this ordinance do not apply to health services, for which specific guidelines and standards must be observed.
There are several measures brought by the Ordinance to prevent, control, and minimize the risks of transmission of Covid-19 in work environments, among which we highlight:
• The organization must establish and disclose guidelines or protocols indicating the necessary measures to prevent, control and mitigate the risks of transmission of Covid-19 in work environments, which must be available to workers and their representatives, when requested and must include preventive measures at the workplace, in the common areas of the organization.
• Screening at the entrance of the facilities in all shifts of employees and contractors, being able to use temperature control.
• Provision of surgical or fabric masks for all workers and their use is compulsory in shared environments or in those where there is contact with other workers or public.
• At least one-meter distance between workers and between workers and the public.
• Adoption of measures to limit the occupation of elevators, stairs, and restricted environments, including toilets and changing rooms.
• Adoption of measures to distribute the workforce throughout the day, avoiding concentrations in work environments.
• Actions for hygiene, ventilation, cleaning, and disinfection of environments.
• Special attention to the workers who are part of the risk group, prioritizing, in these cases, the remote work or, even, in activity or place that reduces the contact with other workers and the public, whenever possible.
• Promoting remote work whenever possible.
• Actions for an early identification and separation of the workers with signs and symptoms compatible with Covid-19.
• Protocols for dealing with the occurrence of confirmed, suspected cases or those who had contact with Covid-19 cases.
• Procedures for workers to report to the organization, including remotely, signs or symptoms compatible with Covid-19 or contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19.
• Instructions on correct and frequent hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
The guidelines or protocols may include the promotion of vaccination, seeking to avoid other flu syndromes that might be confused with Covid-19, and the organization should inform workers about Covid-19, including how to get infected, signs and symptoms, and the care needed to reduce transmission at work and in the community.
We suggest a full reading of all the measures presented in Annex I of the ordinance. Access here.
Domingues e Pinho Contadores has specialized team ready to assist your company.
Contact us by the e-mail email@example.com
Av. Rio Branco 311, 4º e 10º andar - Centro
CEP 20040-903 | Tel: +55 (21) 3231-3700
Rua do Paraíso 45, 4º andar - Paraíso
CEP 04103-000 | Tel: +55 (11) 3330-3330
Rua Teixeira de Gouveia 989, sala 302 - Centro
CEP 27910-110 | Tel: +55 (22) 2773-3318